Alpha Sigma Chapter at University of New Hampshire

Kappa Delta

Prevent Child Abuse America

Since 1984, Kappa Delta collegiate and alumnae chapters have held Shamrock events — local fundraisers that vary from pancake breakfasts and 5K runs to silent auctions and golf tournaments — to support the prevention of child abuse. Shamrock events, staged by thousands of Kappa Delta women in hundreds of communities nationwide, are held throughout the year and have earned local and national media attention.

Every year, KD collegiate and alumnae chapters raise more than $2 million to benefit child abuse prevention efforts. A full 80 percent of the money raised stays in the community and is donated to local child-abuse prevention agencies; the remaining 20 percent goes to the Kappa Delta Foundation to support Prevent Child Abuse America’s national office for its national programs. PCAA was founded by a Kappa Delta, the late Donna Stone, Lambda-Northwestern, which makes the cause that much more relevant to the sorority.

 

 

Since 1984, Kappa Delta collegiate and alumnae chapters have held Shamrock events — local fundraisers that vary from pancake breakfasts and 5K runs to silent auctions and golf tournaments — to support the prevention of child abuse. Shamrock events, staged by thousands of Kappa Delta women in hundreds of communities nationwide, are held throughout the year and have earned local and national media attention.

Every year, KD collegiate and alumnae chapters raise more than $2 million to benefit child abuse prevention efforts. 80% of the proceeds raised stays in the community and is donated to local child-abuse prevention agencies; the remaining 20%goes to the Kappa Delta Foundation to support Prevent Child Abuse America’s national office for its national programs. PCAA was founded by a Kappa Delta, the late Donna Stone, Lambda-Northwestern, which makes the cause that much more relevant to the sorority.

To benefit Prevent Child Abuse America, Alpha Sigma chapter hosts an annual auction and dinner. The night is filled with a buffet dinner, live entertainment, raffle items and a wide variety of silent and live auction items. It is a fun night for all and benefits a great cause that we hold near and dear to our hearts as it is one of our main platforms of service. A total of 80% of the night's proceeds go directly to our local PCAA chapter, New Hampshire Children's Trust while the remaining 20% is donated to PCAA's national office.  

Every year our chapter of about 180 members work for months in advance finding sponsors and collecting donations for our event. Many businesses, both small and large, have always supported our event. Their kind donations and compassion for our cause greatly contribute to our enormous overall success year after year. Whether it be a gift certificate to a local coffee shop, a trip to Costa Rica, a designer bag, one of a kind art work, a year of homemade cookies or a hand made quilt to keep you warm at night, our auction items cause great excitement and friendly bidding wars among all participants.  To date the chapter has raised $75,000!

The 6th annual auction and dinner will be Saturday March 25, 2017, at the Regatta Banquet and Conference Center in Eliot, ME.  Early bird tickets may be purchased only until February 1, 2017 for $40 per person.  Tickets purchased after February 1, 2017 are $45 per person.  Tables of 8 may be reserved for $320 and Kappa Delta alumnae tickets are $40.  Ticket purchases and donations can be made via http://donate.billhighway.com/AlphaSigmaSilentAuction. 

For more information about our partnership with PCAA and New Hampshire Children's Trust or our event, please contact Vice President-Community Service, Erica Spino, at kdunhshamrockproject@gmail.com

.

 

  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image